Kishore Foundation – a journey towards realizing the dreams of millions of KK fans
Introduction Zindagi ek safar hain suhana * We followed him blindly along the route! Zindagi pyar ka geet hain / ise har dilko gana padega * We sang with him, aloud. We smiled, loved, quarreled, married and danced to his tunes. Who are we? We are proud devotees of Kishore Kumar Gangopadhyay. It is our [...]
Zindagi ek safar hain suhana
* We followed him blindly along the route!
Zindagi pyar ka geet hain / ise har dilko gana padega
* We sang with him, aloud. We smiled, loved, quarreled, married and danced to his tunes.
Who are we?
We are proud devotees of Kishore Kumar Gangopadhyay. It is our greatest joy to be a part of the journey the legendary singer had made, ‘hanske’.
We are from every part of the globe – from India, the USA, the UK, Bangladesh, African countries. We are from every walk of life – students, music teachers, singers, software engineers, marketing professionals and housewives.
We met on a social networking site and found we have a common platform to stand upon – Kishore Kumar.
And we have a common dream, too – to let the world know of our love and respect towards the greatest singer of all times who had enlightened our lives with the divine voice. We are shameless to declare our devotion towards him.
What are our objectives?
Paucity of archiving data related to Indian Film songs pains us. We strive to achieve an everlasting impact on the generations to come, of the artistic genius in Kishore Kumar.
Why are we so particular?
The new generation’s lack of knowledge towards the golden period of music pains us. Add to that , the lack of recognition the luminaries got in their time in spite of contributing so much in Art and Music. So, how will next generation know about Kishore Kumar? How can his works be preserved in a systematic way? And how can newer talents and people from all parts of the society learn more about the “artist Kishore Kumar” rather than reading in Internet sites some half-informations and then perceiving things in a wrong way?
So, we stand firm on our common dream- awareness, preservation and recognition- the three “pillars” of our principle.. Help us in whatever way you can.. We have a plan and let us reveal some of them..
How to realize the dream?
* To launch a comprehensive website, for the first time, dedicated exclusively to Kishore Kumar, which will be a single window to the immortal singer. A gateway for the younger generation to know this man better.
* A day long multi-cultural fest on 4th August, the birthday of Kishore Kumar, this year. Full of entertainment and, at the same time, sharing information, revealing unknown facets of the genius and sharing other legends’ association with him. An awareness day for all of us, Kishore-devotees.
* Encouraging new singers with scholarship every year, in the name of Kishore Kumar, from the foundation.
* To render social services towards the underprivileged, children and making contribution to heart research.
* To establish a music school in the name of the King of Singing – Kishore Kumar – with branches all over India to encourage people to learn music and play instruments.
* To organize musical functions, write articles and knowledge sharing with luminaries of the golden era of Indian Film Music and creating awareness amongst common people.
* Any course of action on the legend which we feel is related to him and which would enhance the cultural halo around him.
It is high time we come out of theoretical lectures and internet surfing.. It is high time to let the society know about the genius of people who are no longer with us with their versatility… There have been many attempts in the past but got diverted focus.. We will not as we have a vision clear cut and mission downloaded to extreme bottom.. We need your advice and support to keep our direction fortified..